Want to make a quick edit to a mockup or play around with the text from a web page, without having control panel access? You can follow these quick steps to make any web page editable via a handy bookmark in your browser (the changes will be for your own display of course, not to how the page appears publicly).
To make a page editable you can:
- Select CMD + D to edit a bookmark.
- On the Edit Bookmark popup that appears, select More.
- Enter the name of the new bookmark (e.g. “Make editable)
- When you are on a page where you would click to edit the text, click the bookmark.
- Now you can start replacing the text with anything you would like (note: to keep a copy of your creations, you’ll need to save the page as a PDF or take a screenshot - it will revert to the actual text when you refresh).
PDF and web editing now only takes a click. Practical jokes on friends and family encouraged, but please use responsibly (we don’t want to contribute to the fake news cycle!).